Our sessions offer you many benefits. From building your confidence to developing your skills. Find out more so that you can take learning outdoors everyday.
Benefits of our outdoor learning teacher CPD sessions
- Build your confidence to take learning outdoors. You don’t need a formal qualification to do it!
- Get support with what you need to put in place to get started. Get guidance on insurance, risk assessments, staff:pupil ratios and more.
- Explore the practicalities of taking learning outdoors. Learn how to identify a suitable area within your school grounds and how to create and manage an outdoor learning space. We can guide you on how to ensure pupils wear the right clothing, how to safely manage a fire and more. 1-2-1 advice can be provided to meet your individual needs.
- Build your skills to deliver outdoor learning activities. Learn how to light a fire or build a shelter; and how to transfer learning from the classroom to the outdoors and reinforce it back in the classroom.
- Build your toolbox of outdoor activities. We’ll provide ideas and inspiration for activities and signpost you to online resources so that you can carry on building your skills and knowledge.
- Measuring impact. Explore ways to measure the impact and difference outdoor learning has for your pupils on their learning and behaviour in the classroom.