Need support to take learning outdoors? Let us help you break out of the classroom with our outdoor learning teacher CPD sessions in South Wales.
Where adventure in learning meets learning to adventure.
We are experienced and passionate about outdoor learning and our work with schools in South Wales.
- Held at our woodland site near Bridgend or within your school grounds if suitable (Bridgend, RCT, Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan)
- 2 hours to full day training sessions. These can work well as an after school event or inset day. We can also deliver programmes of sessions throughout the academic year.
- Available as 1-2-1 advice and support or workshops for small groups of teachers (you could combine with teachers from a neighbouring school)
- Experienced, qualified instructors who are DBS checked (enhanced level), first aid trained, we have £5 million public liability insurance and risk assess activities – copies can be provided
Our teacher CPD days and 1-2-1 advice are designed to empower and equip you to take learning outdoors everyday. Click on one of our example sessions below to find out more. Or do drop us a line if you’d like us to design a tailored session for you.
In this session, we’ll explore a range of accessible activities to take learning outdoors. You’ll learn about the things to consider in your risk assessment and the equipment you’ll need, and you’ll get hands on with the activities. From land…
Come along to our one day workshop and learn about the science behind why outdoor learning works! And learn some great outdoor activities to use with your pupils and take learning outdoors every day. What will I gain from this workshop? An understanding…
Learn the ancient skill of lighting a fire. This is the most popular activity with pupils! You’ll learn about the things to include in your risk assessment, how to safely manage a fire and the equipment you’ll need. You’ll get…
This is a basic survival skill. And one that you can easily do within your school grounds, even on the playground. You’ll learn about the things to include in your risk assessment, how to safely build shelters and more. You’ll get…
Benefits of our teacher CPD sessions
- Build confidence to take learning outdoors – you don’t need a formal qualification to do it!
- Learn about what you need to put in place to get started – advice on insurance, risk assessments, staff:pupil ratios and more
- Explore the practicalities of taking learning outdoors – how to identify a suitable area within your school grounds, how to create an outdoor learning space, pupils wearing the right clothing, how to safely manage a fire and more. 1-2-1 advice can be provided to meet your individual needs.
- Build skills to deliver outdoor learning activities – e.g. how to light a fire or build a shelter; and how to transfer learning from the classroom to the outdoors and reinforce it back in the classroom.
- Start building your toolbox of outdoor activities – ideas and inspiration for activities and signposting to online resources to carry on building your skills and knowledge.
- Measuring impact – explore ways to measure the impact and difference outdoor learning has for pupils.
Costs vary depending on the type of activity, planning and resources required, number of instructors needed, length of sessions, travel etc.
As a rough guide our teacher CPD sessions start at around £95, up to £175 for one instructor.
Please drop us a line to find out more about our outdoor learning teacher CPD sessions.
We have over 100 5-star customer reviews. Read more of our reviews here.