Welcome to our blog. The home of Bushcraft Adventures in Bridgend.
About our blog
We’ve started this blog so that we can share with you our latest news, bushcraft tips and product reviews. As well share as our general outdoor adventures. We want to inspire you to get outdoors and to learn some new skills.
Looking for a Sunday Funday?
There’s just two tickets left for our axe throwing event tomorrow near Bridgend.
Looking for summer holiday activities with the kids? If so, keep reading to find out more about our Adventures in Bridgend!
On Sunday over 20 people joined us for a Father’s Day to remember.
We’re looking for freelance bushcraft instructors to help us provide more Adventures for kids aged 7+ in South Wales.
We’re thrilled by the positive response to the launch of our axe throwing activity. Keep reading to find out more.
Yesterday we welcomed our first Axe Throwing Adventurers as we celebrated launching our axe throwing activity at Bushcraft Adventures.
Sarra Elgan and Jonathan Davies recently took on our bushcraft challenges and we were featured on S4C’s Jonathan Show.
Watch to see how Jonathan Davies and Sarra Elgan from S4C’s Jonathan Show got on with our bushcraft challenges – and to see who won!
There’s not many shopping or postage days left until Christmas. Are you still looking for gift ideas for someone who loves the outdoors? Then check out some of our Christmas stocking filler ideas below.
- Glow in the dark playing cards
- An outdoorsy or nature-themed calendar. If you buy the BBC Countryfile Calendar you’ll also be helping to raise money for Children In Need
- Extendable, reusable marshmallow sticks – for when you’re in need of a toasted marshmallow. Or you can even personalise these marshmallow toasting sticks.
- Merino wool socks to keep feet warm in winter and dry in the summer
- Books – on a recent shopping trip to Cardiff, we noticed that Waterstones have a whole section dedicated to nature writing
- A waterproof map case is a useful gift for serious hikers
- Hand warmers make a handy gift for someone who spends a lot of time outdoors
- A fire steel – you can’t go wrong with buying someone this handy piece of kit. Or for something a little different, check out this DIY kit to make an antler fire striker.
- A Buff neck warmer / neck gaiter – perfect for walking, hiking or winter sports enthusiasts
- Thermos flask – a must-have for your cuppa whilst out on a Winter walk
Number 11 – Gift Vouchers for an Adventure near Cardiff
And we couldn’t resist adding a number 11 – gift vouchers for a Bushcraft Adventure near Cardiff (of course!)
We have an exciting programme of bushcraft, archery and axe throwing events planned for 2019. And all are £15 per person.
Explore our events & buy tickets online on Eventbrite. Or buy gift vouchers – but you’ll need to be quick, the last Christmas posting day is Thursday 20 December!
BUY GIFT VOUCHERS
We’ve been busy having fun, um, we mean being very serious focusing on our personal development…!
We’ve been training up in axe throwing, ready to launch axe throwing near Cardiff in 2019. We’re now spending the Winter practicing and planning our new events, which excited to bring to you!