Welcome to our blog. The home of Bushcraft Adventures in Bridgend.
About our blog
We’ve started this blog so that we can share with you our latest news, bushcraft tips and product reviews. As well share as our general outdoor adventures. We want to inspire you to get outdoors and to learn some new skills.
There’s not many shopping or postage days left until Christmas. Are you still looking for gift ideas for someone who loves the outdoors? Then check out some of our Christmas stocking filler ideas below.
- Glow in the dark playing cards
- An outdoorsy or nature-themed calendar. If you buy the BBC Countryfile Calendar you’ll also be helping to raise money for Children In Need
- Extendable, reusable marshmallow sticks – for when you’re in need of a toasted marshmallow. Or you can even personalise these marshmallow toasting sticks.
- Merino wool socks to keep feet warm in winter and dry in the summer
- Books – on a recent shopping trip to Cardiff, we noticed that Waterstones have a whole section dedicated to nature writing
- A waterproof map case is a useful gift for serious hikers
- Hand warmers make a handy gift for someone who spends a lot of time outdoors
- A fire steel – you can’t go wrong with buying someone this handy piece of kit. Or for something a little different, check out this DIY kit to make an antler fire striker.
- A Buff neck warmer / neck gaiter – perfect for walking, hiking or winter sports enthusiasts
- Thermos flask – a must-have for your cuppa whilst out on a Winter walk
Number 11 – Gift Vouchers for an Adventure near Cardiff
And we couldn’t resist adding a number 11 – gift vouchers for a Bushcraft Adventure near Cardiff (of course!)
We have an exciting programme of bushcraft, archery and axe throwing events planned for 2019. And all are £15 per person.
Explore our events & buy tickets online on Eventbrite. Or buy gift vouchers – but you’ll need to be quick, the last Christmas posting day is Thursday 20 December!
BUY GIFT VOUCHERS
We’ve been busy having fun, um, we mean being very serious focusing on our personal development…!
We’ve been training up in axe throwing, ready to launch axe throwing near Cardiff in 2019. We’re now spending the Winter practicing and planning our new events, which excited to bring to you!
Want to be the first to hear about our Events, Special Offers & News? Then read this blog post to find out more.
Why have we set up an email list?
Some of our previous customers asked us for an easy way to keep up-to-date with our latest events, special offers and news. So we’ve set up a new email list that you can easily sign up to. That way, you can stay in the know & get the latest from Bushcraft Adventures straight to your inbox.
We’re excited to launch our 2019 calendar of bushcraft, archery & axe throwing events, near Cardiff.
This Christmas, buy someone the gift of Adventure!
A £15 Adventure Voucher is a unique gift experience for adults and children aged 7+*. Use the voucher to come to one of our bushcraft, archery or axe throwing events near Cardiff in 2019.
We were excited to welcome the cast of S4C’s Jonathan Show to our Bushcraft Basecamp recently, for a bit of fun taking on our team challenges.
A team from DS Smith travelled from far and wide to visit colleagues in Cardiff. And we were thrilled to welcome them for a day of fun activities for their team event near Cardiff.
The summer has flown by, and the kids will soon be back in school. We know teachers have already been busy planning for the 2018-2019 academic year. But if you’re still looking for ideas and inspiration to take learning outdoors, read on!
I’m not a natural runner and I certainly don’t enjoy running. But when I’m feeling stressed, I (reluctantly) grab my running shoes and head outdoors for a run. Because I may dislike running, but I do like that feeling I get afterwards.
There was lots of sharp shooting and super s’mores at our recent Wild Wednesday archery event in Bridgend!
Take a look at our lovely photos from the event. And if you’re interested in coming and having a go, join us for our next event on 31 October!