We’re looking for freelance bushcraft instructors to help us provide more Adventures for kids aged 7+ in South Wales.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for freelance bushcraft instructors to deliver children’s bushcraft birthday parties. This will mainly be at weekends and in the Bridgend area. We may also have opportunities to deliver outdoor learning sessions and school trips on weekdays, during the school term time.
We’re ideally looking for qualified and/or experienced freelance bushcraft instructors and/or Forest School Leaders.
Do you already freelance for other companies? Are you a teacher who delivers Forest School activities? Or perhaps you’re a keen bushcrafter looking to get in to instructing? Whatever your background, we’d love to hear from you!
- Qualifications and / or relevant recent experience delivering bushcraft or Forest School activities – particularly fire lighting & shelter building
- Experience working with children aged 7+ and managing groups
- Up-to-date first aid in the outdoors (REC) training or willing to complete it
- Registered for the DBS update service or willing to join it so we can carry out a check
- Up-to-date food hygeine training / certificate – for bookings where there’s food preparation
- To be set up as a freelancer or be willing to do this
If you’re passionate about the outdoors & passing on your skills and enthusiasm to others, then we want to hear from you – and we can advise on the above if you’re unsure.
What you’ll get in return
Freelance for an ambitious, independent organisation. We pride ourselves in running our business in a fair and ethical way. We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of freelancers.
You’ll be paid a fair half day or daily rate depending on your skills and experience. And you’ll be encouraged to invoice promptly so that we can pay you promptly (we know no one likes to be kept waiting for payment)
How to express interest or find out more
Email your CV or questions to me, Steph, at email@example.com or use the short contact form below.
I‘ll review all CV’s and respond to everyone who expresses interest. If appropriate, we’ll first of all organise meeting up so that you can learn more about us and we can learn more about you.
If we both decide to work together, then we’ll explain the next steps and the paperwork we need to put in place. And then we’ll look to book you in to run some activities.
I look forward to hearing from you! And happy Adventures 🙂