We enjoyed running a team event for this lovely bunch from BAVO today. And from their smiles, we think they enjoyed it too! 😊
We were thrilled to be shortlisted for a Bridgend Business Forum award, for tourism business of the year. And on Friday evening we enjoyed meeting and celebrating with other local businesses in Bridgend. We also enjoyed the opportunity to get dressed-up, which was a bit of a change to our usual workwear!
Yesterday we welcomed our first Axe Throwing Adventurers as we celebrated launching our axe throwing activity at Bushcraft Adventures.
There’s not many shopping or postage days left until Christmas. Are you still looking for gift ideas for someone who loves the outdoors? Then check out some of our Christmas stocking filler ideas below.
- Glow in the dark playing cards
- An outdoorsy or nature-themed calendar. If you buy the BBC Countryfile Calendar you’ll also be helping to raise money for Children In Need
- Extendable, reusable marshmallow sticks – for when you’re in need of a toasted marshmallow. Or you can even personalise these marshmallow toasting sticks.
- Merino wool socks to keep feet warm in winter and dry in the summer
- Books – on a recent shopping trip to Cardiff, we noticed that Waterstones have a whole section dedicated to nature writing
- A waterproof map case is a useful gift for serious hikers
- Hand warmers make a handy gift for someone who spends a lot of time outdoors
- A fire steel – you can’t go wrong with buying someone this handy piece of kit. Or for something a little different, check out this DIY kit to make an antler fire striker.
- A Buff neck warmer / neck gaiter – perfect for walking, hiking or winter sports enthusiasts
- Thermos flask – a must-have for your cuppa whilst out on a Winter walk
Number 11 – Gift Vouchers for an Adventure near Cardiff
And we couldn’t resist adding a number 11 – gift vouchers for a Bushcraft Adventure near Cardiff (of course!)
We have an exciting programme of bushcraft, archery and axe throwing events planned for 2019. And all are £15 per person.
A few staff from the Macmillan Cancer Support Wales team joined us for a team day of bushcraft. Check out our photos below to see how they got on!