Well, if Jason Mamoa and Justin Timberlake can do it… 😉
It was Back to School for me too today!
I’m excited to be working with YBC again this year, taking learning outdoors every Tuesday. Today was all about planning and I’m brimming with ideas. I’m looking forward to starting back with pupils in two week’s time!
I’ve also been taking bookings for teachers looking for a different way to kick start and introduce a new topic to inspire their pupils. And teachers looking for an alternative school trip to remember have already started planning it with us 👍
Not something you do everyday!
We’ve had fun this afternoon filming our promo video with Andrew from F9 Films for our award shortlisting in the Bridgend Business Forum awards – tourism category 😊👍
It’s a serious business toasting marshmallows. I’ve got my concentration face on here, to get it just right!
Looking for summer holiday activities with the kids? If so, keep reading to find out more about our Adventures in Bridgend!
On Sunday over 20 people joined us for a Father’s Day to remember.
Sarra Elgan and Jonathan Davies recently took on our bushcraft challenges and we were featured on S4C’s Jonathan Show.
There’s not many shopping or postage days left until Christmas. Are you still looking for gift ideas for someone who loves the outdoors? Then check out some of our Christmas stocking filler ideas below.
- Glow in the dark playing cards
- An outdoorsy or nature-themed calendar. If you buy the BBC Countryfile Calendar you’ll also be helping to raise money for Children In Need
- Extendable, reusable marshmallow sticks – for when you’re in need of a toasted marshmallow. Or you can even personalise these marshmallow toasting sticks.
- Merino wool socks to keep feet warm in winter and dry in the summer
- Books – on a recent shopping trip to Cardiff, we noticed that Waterstones have a whole section dedicated to nature writing
- A waterproof map case is a useful gift for serious hikers
- Hand warmers make a handy gift for someone who spends a lot of time outdoors
- A fire steel – you can’t go wrong with buying someone this handy piece of kit. Or for something a little different, check out this DIY kit to make an antler fire striker.
- A Buff neck warmer / neck gaiter – perfect for walking, hiking or winter sports enthusiasts
- Thermos flask – a must-have for your cuppa whilst out on a Winter walk
Number 11 – Gift Vouchers for an Adventure near Cardiff
And we couldn’t resist adding a number 11 – gift vouchers for a Bushcraft Adventure near Cardiff (of course!)
We have an exciting programme of bushcraft, archery and axe throwing events planned for 2019. And all are £15 per person.
We’re excited to launch our 2019 calendar of bushcraft, archery & axe throwing events, near Cardiff.
I’m not a natural runner and I certainly don’t enjoy running. But when I’m feeling stressed, I (reluctantly) grab my running shoes and head outdoors for a run. Because I may dislike running, but I do like that feeling I get afterwards.