We’re excited to be able to re-open Bushcraft Adventures and we’re looking forward to welcoming you to the woods very soon!
Important info on safety and planning your visit
We’ve put together some Important information that you need to know before making a booking or attending your event. We’ll be sure to keep this page up-to-date as government guidance changes and restrictions are eased – so you may want to bookmark it!
Yours and our safety remains top priority and we’re committed to reopening responsibly. We’ve put lots of measures in place to keep you safe and this info should help you to plan your visit and know exactly what to expect when you arrive at our site for your adventure.
Reduced group size
To fit with Welsh Government guidelines, we’ve adapted our event formats to run events for small groups of mixed households. We have plenty of space in our woodland to be able to social distance. We’re sorry but this does mean that we cannot take larger group bookings of adults (20 maximum at the moment) or run children’s birthday parties for the time being. So this is a unique opportunity for you to book an event with a dedicated instructor & a small group, until we can increase our event numbers.
Temporary lowering of age restrictions – great news for the kids!
As all of our family events will require adults to be present & our group numbers will be small, it means we’re able to temporarily lower the age limit for some of our activities. Bushcraft and archery will now be age 5+ and axe throwing age 9+. We’re only lowering ages where we’ve risk assessed it as safe to do so and where we know younger ones will be able to take part with your support (and our encouragement from a safe distance) Families have been limited for things to do during lockdown, so we’re doing all we can to ensure your whole family is able to get outdoors, take part and have some fun!
Making a booking
- You can book on to one of our scheduled events through Eventbrite. Tickets are on sale until 24 hours before the event and sessions are limited. So please book early to avoid disappointment. Check availability and book tickets on Eventbrite.
- If you’re looking for a group event (team event, group of mates, etc) drop us a line to check our availability.
Before coming to your event
- Please only venture to the woods if you are well. You must stay at home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of coronavirus
- It is your responsibility to plan your trip and read the detailed directions to our woodland. There are no signs to our woodland and these directions are deliberately not readily available on our website – please bookmark or print the directions and allow plenty of time to get to us as we will not be able to extend your event for late arrivals
- Arrival time: we ask that you aim to arrive 10 minutes before the start of your event and wait in your car. Please walk down in to our woodland 5 minutes before your event start time – we ask that you do not enter the woodland earlier than this, for your safety and for everyone else’s too. Please make sure you stay 2 metres from others in the car park and whilst entering our woodland.
- Please bring a bottled drink with you (as unfortunately at this time drinks will not be available) and take all rubbish home with you
- You must follow government guidance and our instructor’s directions on the day – in particular with social distancing and hand washing.
- Social distancing: We have a large, beautiful, private woodland so there’s plenty of space to be able to keep your distance. Please remember to keep 2 metres from your instructor and to follow signs on site to keep yourselves and others safe. Social distancing is everyone’s responsibility. Parents are responsible for ensuring their children follow these guidelines too.
- Hand washing: We’ll have water and soap available to wash your hands and plenty of hand sanitiser available throughout your visit. So please wash / sanitise your hands regularly.
- Toilet facilities: Our eco-toilet will be available to use; and we ask that you please follow the signs on-site about social distancing and hand washing.
What to bring with you
- Directions to our woodland so that you arrive 10 minutes early, ready and raring for your adventure!
- Bottled drink – please remember to take rubbish home with you afterwards
- Face mask – if you would prefer to wear one
- Gloves for shelter building (bushcraft sessions only) if you’d prefer to wear gloves (as these won’t be provided at this time)
- See our usual kit list for suggestions of what to bring with you
What are your terms and conditions?
We’ve updated our terms and conditions and advise that you read them thoroughly before making a booking: https://bushcraftadventures.co.uk/terms-and-conditions
Can I get a refund if I can no longer make the event? What happens if I have symptoms of coronavirus or we go back in to lockdown?
Bookings are non-refundable. Please make sure that you can attend the event before buying a ticket.
You must stay at home if you or anyone in your extended household “bubble” has symptoms of coronavirus. You must not enter our woodland and notify us by email or phone as soon as possible. You’ll be offered to either transfer your tickets to another event (within 18 months) or receive a gift voucher valid for 18 months.
If we need to cancel the event for any reason (including if there’s a change to lockdown) we will provide a full refund.
Can additional people come along to watch?
Sadly, no, we cannot have additional people on site at this time. Only the tickets holders / people participating can be present during the event. There are occasional exceptions to this, please contact us to check before making a booking, thank you.