As others are still making their 2018 new year’s resolutions, we wanted to pause for a moment. And take a few minutes to reflect on our highlights from 2017.
- Cardiff RHS. We ran family den building activities. It was great to be a part of the Show for a second year. And to meet so many people, including some familiar faces.
- Margam Country Park. We ran family activities during the school holidays, for a fifth consecutive year.
- Margam Park Adventure. We’re thrilled to be working Ben and his new company as freelance archery instructors
- Cardiff Life Awards. We were delighted to be shortlisted for an award in the leisure and tourism category. Especially as we were shortlisted alongside St David’s Hotel, Motorpoint Arena, Hilton Hotel and other big names.
- Bridgend Business Forum awards. We were also excited to be shortlisted for a Bridgend business award in the tourism category.
- Fantastic customer feedback. We reached 70 reviews on FreeIndex for Bushcraft Birthdays, 68 with five stars. As a result, we’re now ranked 5th out of over 1,400 children’s party planners in the UK. We set up a TripAdvisor account and have already received 11 5-star reviews. Receiving such fantastic customer feedback makes us feel very proud. And we’re grateful to everyone who takes the time to write us a review.
- School bookings. We enjoyed delivering more outdoor learning sessions in 2017, for pupils from across South East Wales
- Repeat bookings. We had several returning customers, which is always the best feedback and endorsement
- We met lots of lovely people along the way. Customers, suppliers, partner organisations we’re developing relationships with and through business networking and exhibitions. Everyone has been extremely supportive and helped our small business continue to grow.
Looking to the year ahead
We’re excited about 2018. From our brand refresh – our new name as Bushcraft Adventures and our new website. To working more with schools and more corporate groups. We’re looking forward to continuing to freelance at Margam Country Park and Margam Park Adventure. And we’re going to build on the exciting new partnerships that we started in 2017. So watch this space for more details.
Thanks for your support
Taking time to reflect has helped us recognise our achievements and how good 2017 has been. As a small, growing business we really appreciate how supportive everyone has been.
We look forward to working with you this year and seeing what Bushcraft Adventures 2018 has in store…