Pupils are going on an adventure or discovery mission. And they must learn key skills in order to survive – and thrive!
What’s included in this session
We’ll introduce the session by talking about famous discoveries, Welsh explorers and with a focus on female explorers. And we’ll learn about the key survival skills including fire, shelter and water, before getting hands on having a go. Learn more about this session in this blog post.
Pupils can use our lovely undercover seating areas to start writing about their experiences. Or draw story boards, or practice their IT skills by making videos on school I-pads. This is a great way to use the outdoors to inspire young minds and encourage creative thinking and creative writing.
- Age: 7+
- Group size: One class (or two classes if doing half days) Ideally we would suggest one day for one class.
- Teacher / adult supervision: 2 to 3 adults needed to supervise
- Length of sessions: half day or full day
- Venue details: our site in Bridgend or within your school grounds if suitable
- Location details: if holding the session at your school, we travel within the Cardiff, Bridgend, RCT and Vale of Glamorgan areas
- Cost: please visit our outdoor learning page for info on cost