There’s not many shopping or postage days left until Christmas. Are you still looking for gift ideas for someone who loves the outdoors? Then check out some of our Christmas stocking filler ideas below.
- Glow in the dark playing cards
- An outdoorsy or nature-themed calendar. If you buy the BBC Countryfile Calendar you’ll also be helping to raise money for Children In Need
- Extendable, reusable marshmallow sticks – for when you’re in need of a toasted marshmallow. Or you can even personalise these marshmallow toasting sticks.
- Merino wool socks to keep feet warm in winter and dry in the summer
- Books – on a recent shopping trip to Cardiff, we noticed that Waterstones have a whole section dedicated to nature writing
- A waterproof map case is a useful gift for serious hikers
- Hand warmers make a handy gift for someone who spends a lot of time outdoors
- A fire steel – you can’t go wrong with buying someone this handy piece of kit. Or for something a little different, check out this DIY kit to make an antler fire striker.
- A Buff neck warmer / neck gaiter – perfect for walking, hiking or winter sports enthusiasts
- Thermos flask – a must-have for your cuppa whilst out on a Winter walk
Number 11 – Gift Vouchers for an Adventure near Cardiff
And we couldn’t resist adding a number 11 – gift vouchers for a Bushcraft Adventure near Cardiff (of course!)
We have an exciting programme of bushcraft, archery and axe throwing events planned for 2019. And all are £15 per person.
Explore our events & buy tickets online on Eventbrite. Or buy gift vouchers – but you’ll need to be quick, the last Christmas posting day is Thursday 20 December!
BUY GIFT VOUCHERS
Want to be the first to hear about our Events, Special Offers & News? Then read this blog post to find out more.
Why have we set up an email list?
Some of our previous customers asked us for an easy way to keep up-to-date with our latest events, special offers and news. So we’ve set up a new email list that you can easily sign up to. That way, you can stay in the know & get the latest from Bushcraft Adventures straight to your inbox.
We’re excited to launch our 2019 calendar of bushcraft, archery & axe throwing events, near Cardiff.
This Christmas, buy someone the gift of Adventure!
A £15 Adventure Voucher is a unique gift experience for adults and children aged 7+*. Use the voucher to come to one of our bushcraft, archery or axe throwing events near Cardiff in 2019.
School’s out for summer! In this blog we share our ideas of things to do with the kids this summer in South Wales. And we’ve focused on outdoor activities, naturally.
Today I welcomed pupils from Tai Education Centre in RCT to our Bridgend Bushcraft Basecamp.
The pupils had focused on a survival topic this term in school. So to finish the topic and celebrate the end of term, pupils got to put in to practice the survival skills they’d learnt in the classroom.
We’re almost at the end of the school year and the start of the summer holidays. And we know teachers have already started planning for the next school year. Keep reading to find out more about our outdoor School Adventures in South Wales.
Margam Country Park near Port Talbot is a large, accessible and beautiful park that is well worth exploring.
Arrival of the cowgirls
I met the group as they pulled up to our site in their minibus. And was greeted by a group of 15 cowgirls all in fancy dress. I knew instantly that we were in a for a fun session!
Archery is good for kids. It requires focus, concentration, dealing with pressure, learning how to fail and much more.
Archery is a fun and accessible sport for all ages and abilities. We run archery activities for children’s birthday parties. But it’s also a great activity for schools as part of an outdoor learning session or fun school trip. It’s great for practising mental arithmetic, team work and more. We get to see these benefits first-hand, ‘in action’ when delivering archery sessions for kids.
And we love the infographic (below) by Target Crazy which gives 25 reasons why archery is good for kids.