Looking for an alternative gift for a loved one? Or a gift to yourself for when we’re out of lockdown? An axe throwing gift voucher is guaranteed to get a big thumbs up!
Are you still looking for gift ideas for someone who loves the outdoors? Then check out some of our Christmas stocking filler ideas below.
- Glow in the dark playing cards
- An outdoorsy or nature-themed calendar. If you buy the BBC Countryfile Calendar you’ll also be helping to raise money for Children In Need
- Extendable, reusable marshmallow sticks – for when you’re in need of a toasted marshmallow. Or you can even personalise these marshmallow toasting sticks.
- Merino wool socks to keep feet warm in winter and dry in the summer
- Books – on a recent shopping trip to Cardiff, we noticed that Waterstones have a whole section dedicated to nature writing
- A waterproof map case is a useful gift for serious hikers
- Hand warmers make a handy gift for someone who spends a lot of time outdoors
- A fire steel – you can’t go wrong with buying someone this handy piece of kit.
- A Buff neck warmer / neck gaiter – perfect for walking, hiking or winter sports enthusiasts
- Thermos flask – a must-have for your cuppa whilst out on a Winter walk
Number 11 – Adventure Vouchers
And we couldn’t resist adding a number 11 – gift vouchers for a Bushcraft Adventure near Cardiff (of course!) Lovely glossy vouchers delivered to your door, from just £15.
This Christmas, buy someone the gift of Adventure!
A £15 Adventure Voucher is a unique gift experience for adults and children aged 7+*. Use the voucher to come to one of our bushcraft, archery or axe throwing events near Cardiff in 2019.
I’m not a natural runner and I certainly don’t enjoy running. But when I’m feeling stressed, I (reluctantly) grab my running shoes and head outdoors for a run. Because I may dislike running, but I do like that feeling I get afterwards.
We feel better when we spend time outdoors in nature. It’s good for our physical and mental health.
Ever wondered how nature is good for us?
Florence Williams explores this in her book: The Nature Fix – why nature makes us happier, healthier and more creative.
Watch Florence’s short video below to see what happens to our bodies when we spend just 5 minutes in nature (hint: it’s incredible!)